Thursday, January 8, 2009

Arctic Fun

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Today we began the day playing with color bears (a.m.) and lacing shapes (a.m. and p.m.).

After calendar, we recited our oval poem again and danced around a beautiful oval that Miss Amber taped on the ground! :) We danced, jumped, marched, walked backwards and more, around the circle. Then we stood in, out, and on the circle. It's always fun to watch the kids have fun trying to 'freeze!' when the music stops.

Next we read The Emperor's Egg by Martin Jenkins. We learned that the biggest penguins are bigger than some of the kids!

After the book we learned some more facts about penguins by taking turns hanging my fact penguins up on the wall.

Then we learned a song of course!

I'm A Little Penguin
tune of "I'm A Little Teapot"
I'm a little penguin.
Look at me,
Fishing and swimming
In the deep blue sea.
My wings are black
And my tail is white.
And I like sliding down
the snow so bright!
.
We made up some actions to the song, so be sure to have your child sing it for you!
.
After all this we made adorable penguins from our foot prints. They were supposed to rock back on forth (waddle like a penguin), but most of you will find that didn't work out too well...
.
After snack time we did another math game. The kids took turns drawing a number and "feeding" our penguin that many fish.
.
We drew some letters from the review bag, then reviewed Ii and looked at some pictures that begin with Ii (insects, iguana, ice cream cone, island).
.
Last we played, cleaned up, and danced!

Just F. Y. I, you can click on any of the pictures to see it enlarged.




No comments: